Add & Update Profiles
Add completely new Profiles to Audience or update already existing ones.
In this Article
How to Add & Update Profiles With File Import
1. Head over to Audience and click Add a new Profile to find all import options.
2. Select From File.
3. Choose Add and Update.
4. Click on Choose File and select the file from your computer. We support CSV and XLS/XLSX files up to 50MB. Read more about the supported file formats.
The file may contain as many fields as you find necessary. The first row in the file must be the type of data, and the following rows must contain the data.
A regular file set to show as columns will look roughly like this.
Make sure you have consent for all Profiles contained in the file you whish to add to a Subscription.
The format of the values for Attributes in your file must be correct in order for the system to recognize the data. Read more about Supported Data Formats.
5. Click Next after choosing your file.
Unique ID & Consents
6. Choose the Unique ID for the Profiles in the file. The Unique ID is what makes the Profiles unique and is used by the system to identify where to place Profile Data.
Choose between email, mobile or CRM ID in the dropdown.
7. Now decide the Subscription you want to place the Profiles consents. One Subscription can hold both email and SMS channel consents.
If you don't want to update consents for the Profiles in the file tick the Don't subscribe or update Subscriptions box and proceed the the next step.
Choose Subscriptions for each Channel the Profiles in the file have provided consent to.
If the Profiles in the file has only given consent to email channel, only choose Subscription in the Email Subscriptions dropdown.
If the Profiles in the file has given consent to both email and SMS channel choose Subscriptions for both channels
If you want to deselect a Subscription, simply click on the X button next to it.
Do You Have Consent?
If you intend to add Profiles to a Subscription, you must make sure that you indeed have their consent for those communication channels.
If you don't have their consent or if your file contains Profiles who decided to opt-out, do not tick the Re-subscribe Profiles who have opted out from Subscription box.
On the other hand, if your file contains Profiles who have unsubscribed from the Subscription, but you have their permission to re-subscribe them, tick the box.
8. Click Next to finalize your choices. The profiles will be subscribed to the chosen channels and Subscriptions.
Make sure all the information in the file gets imported into Audience by matching the file's columns to Profile attributes.
9. Let the system know where the Unique Identifier is placed in the file by choosing from the dropdown.
In the example below email is the unique identifier and is therefore mapped to the email cloumn in the file.
10. Consent address mapping is usually auto-mapped and reflects the Unique Identifier. Map it the Unique Identifier to an Attribute.
11. Attribute mapping. Go through each column in the file and map it to an Attribute.
Tag all Profiles
Tags are internal markers that can be manually applied to Profiles. While importing a file you have the option to tag the Profiles you import so that later you can locate them easily.
Tag all Profiles in the file as they are imported.
12. Choose a tag from the dropdown or create a new one.
Create new tag by typing in the tag name and click Enter.
Advanced Tagging - Tag all Profiles with the Values in this Column
13. You can choose a column from your file that contains one or more values that can be imported as tags.
You may tag Profiles with multiple values, as long as they're separated with commas. To choose multiple columns, click Add more columns and repeat the process described above.
Profile Update Options
14. If you leave both options blank only new Profiles in the file import will be created.
Update Profile Data
15. Tick this box if you want the imported data to overwrite data on existing Profiles.
This will only affect the existing information, so if the file contains data that the existing Profile doesn't, it will be added to the Profile.
Reset Profile Attributes
16. Only use this option if you want empty fields in the file to clear existing data in Audience.
If your file contains empty fields that match current profile data the Attribute in the Profile will be cleared and become empty.
Skip this checkbox if you don't want empty fields to clear data.
Review your file import one last time. If you need to modify anything, track back to any step on the left side navigation. Once you click Import, the changes cannot be undone.
17. When you're ready, click Import.
File Import Report
Take a look at the File Import Report to learn more about the results of your import!