Magento Data Mappings
In this Article
Map Data from Magento
To set up Data Mappings, head over to Magento's Admin panel and choose Data Mappings under the APSIS One drop-down menu.
1. Choose which APSIS One Section to map data for by expanding the dropdown.
2. Click Save Config.
3. Expand the Attribute Mapping dropdowns to begin mapping.
There are three types of Attribute mappings:
Common Attributes are common to both Magento Subscribers and Customers.
Subscriber Attributes are exclusive to Magento subscribers.
Customer Attributes are exclusive to Magento customers.
A profile's email address will be updated real-time in APSIS One if a Customer changes their email address in Magento's My Account page.
4. Expand each dropdown menu and select an Attribute to map Magento data with APSIS One Profiles.
Sync Magento Subscriptions to APSIS One Subscription to manage consent. Go to the Admin panel, locate the APSIS One dropdown and choose Profile Sync.
1. Start by enabling the Subscriber Sync. Expand the Enabled drop-down and choose Enable.
2. Take a look at General Subscription dropdown and select the Subscription you wish to sync with Subscribers in Magento. You must select a default Subscription for the sync to work. This will be the default Subscription all subscribers will opt-in to.
3. In the Subscription list to find further Subscriptions you might have created in your Apsis One data section.
You may select up to four additional Subscriptions that your Customers can manage on their My Account page.
To select multiple Subscriptions, hold the Ctrl/Cmd key in your keyboard and click the items.
4. Click Save Config.
Sync Historical Events
Sync Historical events from your Magento account to APSIS One. The sync won't break any existing APSIS One activities, and will allow for the creation of useful Segments to be used to target Profiles in future campaigns.
Before you begin, please note that the option to sync historical Events will be disabled after the first sync, so ensure that you sync the data for the desired amount of time the first time.
If a mistake is made, the Reset Module button can be used to reset the installation.
1. In the left side navigation, go to Stores, then Configuration. Expand the APSIS One dropdown menu, and select Events.
It is possible to sync the historical data from the following Events:
Customer/Subscriber Places an Order
Customer Adds A Product to Cart
Customer Leaves a Product Review
Customer Adds Product To Wishlist
2. In the Past Events dropdown menu, select how long back you want to retrieve the data to sync.
3. Click Save Config in the top of the screen.
4. Repeat this process with all the Events you want to sync.
That's it! The sync will be performed automatically once a day, at midnight in the client server's timezone, and past Events will be visible in APSIS One the following day (after midnight).