API (Application Program Interface) is a way for two programs to computer communicate.
Under the API Management tab in Account Settings, you generate API keys. These keys are used for syncing data between your account and other programs and databases you are working with.
Adding API key
1. Go to Information Centre in the top right corner, and click your personal icon.
2. Click the API Management tab.
You must be an Admin User to access this tab.
3. Click Add API Key, on the top right.
4. Give the API Key a name.
5. Select Section permissions in the dropdown menu.
6. Select Keyspace permissions.
7. Click Create.
8. Remember to copy the copy Secret to copy and save the Client ID and Secret key in a safe place.