Microsoft Dynamics 365: Installation & Setup
Ready to integrate? Follow the steps in this article and get Microsoft Dynamics 365 ready for the first sync.
In this Article
To begin the installation, you will need to have a managed Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM CRM solution file - Contact your Account Manager to obtain the most recent version of the file.
Make sure to have Global Admin permissions since a Global Admin is required to authorise the Azure AD Application used by APSIS One in future authentications.
1. Head over to Microsoft Dynamics' Settings and enter the Solutions section.
2. Click Import.
3. Select the APSIS One solution file and click Next.
Enable Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM
1. To enable the webCRM integration in APSIS One, find and open the Integrations Tab in the left menu.
2. If you are working with several Sections make sure you have selected the Section you want to connect in the top right corner.
3. Locate Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM and click Connect.
4. The settings will expand. Click Authorise.
This starts the OAauth2 flow for the Azure Active Directory. For a full list of all granted permissions, see below.
You will be taken to Microsoft Azure's login page.
5. Enter your login credentials and grant permissions to APSIS One to perform the necessary operations in your account. Afterwards, you will be redirected to APSIS One.
6. Select the organisation and CRM environment you would like to work with.
You will be taken back to Microsoft Azure. Here, the OAuth2 flow for Azure Global Discovery is initiated, and the user grants permissions in Azure.
7. Allow APSIS One to perform operations on your CRM environment. You will be taken back to APSIS One.
8. The installation process will continue in the background as you see the loading screen.
Here, remote configuration of the APSIS One Solution is performed, including transferring the API credentials to the solution for communicating with APSIS One.
9. Choose a default country code. This will be the code of the country where most of your contacts are located, and will only be used when a number is imported without a country code.
10. Click Connect. You have now enabled Microsoft Dynamics 365.
After enabling Microsoft Dynamics 365, you'll have granted APSIS One the following permissions:
Maintain access to the data you have given it access to
Access the directory as you
View your email address
Sign you in
Access Common Data Service as you
Sign you in and read your profile
To read more about the Bearer token generated by the installation, head over to the Developer Hub.
It's not possible to uninstall or disable the integration while a Full Sync is in progress. Should you want to do this, you first need to cancel the Full Sync.
1. Open the Integrations tab and locate the MsD Integration and click Edit.
2. Select the Settings tab, and click Uninstall.