Event tool: Event details
When creating an Event, the tool will guide you through five steps:
In this Article
Create new Event
To access the Event Tool, click the Event icon on the bar to the left. The Event start page holds all your created events: drafts, active and paused events.
To create a new Event, click the Create New Event button.
Navigate between the different steps in the menu on the left-hand side.
Return to the Event page by clicking the back arrow in the left bottom corner.
Event details and Contact information
Start by giving the Event a working name and a title. The work name will automatically be copied into the Title field, which you can edit if you prefer.
Select the Session you work with (if you have more than one on your account). This cannot be edited after proceeding to the next page.
Fill out contact name. This will appear as sender name in the inbox, for Profiles receiving emails from the Event.
Enter contact e-mail address, that will be the sender e-mail address in the inbox, for Profiles receiving e-mails from the Event.
Allow Attendees to Bring Guests
There are two ways of collecting guest registrations.
"Allow guests" (no guest information collected)
"Individual guest registration" (guest information collected)
If activating Allow guests, a field will be added to the Registration form. In this field the invitee can fill in how many guests they will bring to the Event. (No additional guest information will be collected.)
This option is useful for Events where Attendees can bring their "+1 or more" guests, when you as organiser do not need any information about the guests.
Activate the Allow guests button.
Under Guests allowed per person, fill in the maximum number of guests per session per Attendee.
3. In the Registration form, there will be a Number of guests field. This is where the invitees fill out the number of guests they will bring. The number can be monitored in the Attendee list.
Individual Guest Registration
Activate also the Individual guest registration button if you want the Attendees' guests to register through a Registration form,
1. The Guests to invite field Field will then appear in Registration form. The Attendee invites guests by filling in the guests' email addresses to the field.
2. When submitting the registration, a Guest invitation Email is sent to the invited guests' email addresses. The Guest invitation Email is created on the Sendings page at a later step.
3. The Guest invitation Email contains a link to the Registration form, where the guests have the option to register for the Event.
4. The guests who choose to register for the Event, will be added to the Attendee list. The invitation sender will also be visible in that list.
Note: Remember to create a Guest Invitation Email (Sendings page), in order to send invitations to the guests. Pick a Template according to you needs.