Microsoft Dynamics 365: Sync Contacts and Profile Data
Here you'll find useful information about the process of mapping and syncing Contacts with Profile data in APSIS One.
In this article
Use Sync Conditions to make sure that you only sync the Profile data that corresponds with your APSIS One Section. These conditions are useful to filter the data sent into APSIS One from Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM based on a specific value.
For example, if you have multiple business units based on different countries (Sweden, Norway, Hong Kong...), you can feed customer data into APSIS One Profiles as long as their Country CRM field matches your section's country. So, for Profile data to be fed into the Sweden Section in APSIS One, the CRM's Country field must equal "Sweden". You may add multiple sync conditions to ensure that the right Profile data is always sent to the right Section.
How to Add Sync Conditions
1. Head over to the Integrations tab in your Section, locate Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM and click Edit.
2. Select the Sync Conditions tab.
3. Under CRM Field, click Add new rule.
4. Expand the drop-down menu and choose a field.
5. Under Value, enter the value for this field. Profiles will only be created and updated as long as the customer data from your CRM matches this value.
Repeat this process with as many conditions as you need.
6. When done, click Save.
1. Select the Field Mapping tab.
2. Under Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM, expand the Contact Card drop-down menu and select a data field.
3. Under APSIS One, expand the Attributes drop-down menu and select an Attribute that matches the data field.
4. Click Add new mapping to map another Attribute. Repeat the process above for all the Attributes you wish to map with your Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM account.
5. When done, click Save.
While the Real-time and Full Sync features are excellent at transporting your Profile data quickly, without mapping for consent it's hard to utilise the data in your email marketing campaigns.
The Consent tab allows users to map any True/False (Boolean) field on the contact card to Channel Consent to any Subscription in your APSIS One Section.
Before you begin your Consent Mapping there are a few things to consider:
Do not use any system other than Microsoft Dynamics 365 to manage the consent of your Profiles.
In order for the solution to work, do not add any other ways of managing consent than a CRM User changing the Boolean field on the customer's contact card, or the contact themselves opting out from a Subscription by clicking the Opt-out link in the footer of an Email.
If consent has been previously collected elsewhere, then it must be added to Microsoft Dynamics 365 and formatted correctly, following the steps in this article.
Add a boolean field to the contact entity for each APSIS One Subscription you wish to map to your Microsoft Dynamics 365 subscription.
If any of these rules are broken, then the Consent Mapping will not accurately sync your contact's consent with APSIS One Profiles.
How to Set up Consent Mapping
1. Select the Consent tab.
2. Under Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM, expand the Contact Card drop-down menu and select Allow Newsletters.
3. Under APSIS One, expand the Subscription drop-down menu and select the Subscription you'd like to map with your Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM subscriptions.
4. Under Channel Consent, tick the Email and/or SMS boxes to choose which Channel your Profiles should have consent for.
If you don't tick the checkboxes, Profiles will not gain consent for communications via SMS or Email, and you won't be able to send them emails or SMS messages with APSIS One.
5. Click Add new mapping to map another Subscription. Repeat the process above for all the APSIS One Subscription you wish to map with your Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM account.
6. Click Save.
After completing these steps, it is essential to run a Full Sync. Find out how to do this by clicking the next step below.
About Full Sync
Sync Profiles with your customer entries in Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM. Note that a this might put a high load on Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM and is a cost-driver for your account.
Read more about Full Sync on About APSIS One's Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM Integration and Keeping the CRM Healthy.
How to Start a Full Sync
1. Select the Full sync tab.
2. Click Start sync.
Profiles will then begin to sync with your customer entries in Microsoft Dynamics 365!
This might take a while, depending on the amount of data synced by the integration.
3. If you want to cancel the sync while it's in progress, click the Cancel Sync in the bottom of the screen.