Attributes are containers of essential Profile information belonging to an individual that has interacted with your brand, like a name, location, phone number, Email address, customer status, etc.
Your APSIS One account's Section has both Default and Custom Attributes. You can create Custom Attributes that match your brand's specific marketing goals and strategies and the type of personalization you wish to use in your communications. To read more about Attributes, head over here.
You can find all of your Section's Attributes in the Data Model tab of your Section preferences.
In this article
How to Add a New Attribute
1. Within a Section's Data Model, Enter the Attributes tab. Scroll down to your Custom Attributes and click Add New Attribute.
2. Enter a name for the Attribute.
3. Choose an Attribute type to make sure that the Attribute values are in the right format:
These are the six types of Attributes you can choose to track with APSIS One:
Text: UTF-8 encoded text (string) value with a 1000-character limit. For example: Female, Non-binary, Male.
True/False: A boolean Attribute. For example, downloaded the app = true. The supported values are: true or false (lower case).
Date: A date of birth, for example. The date format currently supported is ISO-8601 (YYYY-MM-DD).
Timestamp: A string value the same as the date field, yet this Attribute will also track the time as well as the date in Unix format (render_hint date_YYYY-MM-DD).
Number: A field for numbers, like an age or a phone number.
Number w/decimals: Same as the number field, yet this one has the ability to track numbers with decimals. Like a person's height.
4. If you want to further adjust your Attribute, like specifying its allowed operations, first save your Attribute and then edit it to see all the available options.
Done? Click Save.
How to Edit an Attribute
1. Make sure you're in the Attributes tab in Data Model.
2. Locate the Attribute you wish to edit and click the three dots on the top right corner, and then click the pencil icon.
3. Edit your Attribute.
These changes will be reflected only in this particular Section.
About Allowed Operations
This setting only applies to operations performed by APSIS One's API and Integrations. It is intended to give you control over which identifiers can be used to read or write Profile data by external systems.
For example, you can adjust these settings to keep third party systems (like for advertising or social media) from reading sensitive Profile data by disabling the read permission for the email identifier linked to your third party system.
Click the C circle to expand and choose an option.
4. Click Save.
How to Hide Attributes
Hidden Attributes will not appear in Profiles and any activities within your APSIS One account, but they will not be deleted. Hiding an Attribute cannot be undone. Read more about hiding Profile data in this article...
1. Locate the Custom Attribute you wish to hide.
2. Click the three dots on the top right corner, and then click the eye icon.
3. Are you sure you want to proceed?
This action cannot be undone.
Click Hide to confirm.
The Custom Attribute will be hidden from Profiles and any activities within your APSIS One account.