SMS Unsubscribe Settings
Here's an overview of the unsubscribe settings for SMS messages. You can find these settings in the Bottom bar on the SMS step of Creating an SMS.
They will be automatically opted out when they click your unsubscribe link, in your SMS message.
This link will lead them to a landing page where they need to confirm their wish to unsubscribe; depending on your options, you will either display a confirmation message or lead them to a page of your choice.
In this article
How to Add an Unsubscribe Link to an SMS
1. Head over to the SMS tool and edit an SMS Activity draft or create a new SMS.
You must reach the SMS Content step, either by completing the previous steps or by jumping to it from the left side navigation.
2. In the SMS Content step, enter ##unsubscribe## in the Message field.
3. All done!
Adjusting Your SMS Unsubscribe Settings
For all kinds of communications, your subscribers will have the option to opt-out or unsubscribe.
This will happen when they click your unsubscribe link in your SMS. This link will lead them to a landing page where they can confirm their wish to unsubscribe; depending on your options, you will either display a confirmation message or lead them to a page of your choice.
While in the SMS step of Creating an SMS, click Settings in the Bottom bar to see the Unsubscribe Settings.
Then click Unsubscribe to see the Unsubscribe Settings.
1. Make sure that your ##Unsubscribe## data tag is added into the message.
2. Clicking the unsubscribe link will take them to a landing page, start by entering a headline for that page.
3. Enter the message for your landing page. This message could be a question, asking them whether they are sure they'd like to unsubscribe or if they're there by mistake.
4. To confirm that they wish to unsubscribe, they will have to click on a button. Enter the text for that button under Button.
5. Let's adjust the confirmation settings.
Click the drop-down menu to choose between Message, to show them a confirmation message, and Redirect Link to take them to another page of your choice. Regardless of the page you choose to redirect them to, clicking the button will effectively unsubscribe them from your SMS communications.
1. Click the Confirmation type drop down menu and select Message.
2. Enter a message for the landing page under Confirmation message.
Redirect Link Confirmation
1. Click the Confirmation type drop down menu and select Redirect Link.
2. Enter the URL of that page under Redirect Link.
Your unsubscribe page will look like this:
1. Choose a logo for the unsubscribe page. Make sure that the dimensions of the image file are 100x100px for optimal image quality. Larger images will be resized to fit these dimensions.
2. Enter the text for your logo.
3. Click on the circle next to Background colour to open the colour picker.
If you already have a standard colour, enter the colour code in the Hex box. Go ahead and enter the colour in RGB format if that's the method you prefer.